1 Bunch of Swiss Chard (can substitute with spinach)
3 Tablespoons Eulogia Organic Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Small Shallot
1 oz Danish Blue Cheese (Danablu)
¼ Cup chopped walnuts
Total time: 10 minutes. Serves: two.
Sauteed Swiss Chard With Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnuts
1. Start by rinsing your Swiss chard and removing the longer part of the stems under the leafy part. Cut or tear the leaves into roughly 1.5 inch pieces and set aside.
2. Over a medium high heat toast the ¼ cup of chopped walnuts in a dry, hot pan. Stir frequently and keep an eye on them to turn a bit of color and start to smell toasted in about 5 minutes. When done set aside.
3. Pour the 3 tablespoons of Eulogia Organic Olive oil into a pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and shallots, cooking for about a minute. We want to be sure that the garlic and shallots start to cook a bit getting all their flavor into the oil.
4. Toss in the Swiss chard letting it cook for about 30 seconds and then start to turn and saute making sure to get a nice even coating of olive oil on the leaves as it cooks down.
5. Cook for about a 2 minutes until wilted or tender and transfer to bowl.
6. Once plated add crumbled blue cheese* and toasted walnuts on top; serve immediately.
Bonus: Depending what else your serving, add some pancetta during step 3 for a nice twist.
*Danish Blue is a bit creamier and doesn’t really ‘crumble’ as well as gorgonzola or another blue, it does add a nice flavor and creaminess to the Swiss chard. Feel free to substitute.